Trials of a Long Haired Girl tries...a Vintage Recipe...Peanut Butter Bread
From my 1914 Recipe book:
As I began to type out this recipe, I realized that she only listed the ingredients, nothing more. No instructions on how to combine or what temperature to bake it on and for how long. So, I winged it.
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Sugar (or less)
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
2 Large Eggs
Milk to make stiff batter (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2. Grease loaf pan and set aside.
- 3. Combine Dry ingredients (flour, baking powder salt, sugar).
- 4. Beat your eggs and add them to your dry ingredients.
- 5. Add your peanut butter.
- 6. Mix together.
- 7. Then add your milk approximately 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a stiff batter.
- 8. Put in your greased loaf pan and cook for approximately 55-60 minutes.