Trials of a Long Haired Girl tries...a Vintage Recipe...Peanut Butter Bread
From my 1914 Recipe book:
As I began to type out this recipe, I realized that she only listed the ingredients, nothing more. No instructions on how to combine or what temperature to bake it on and for how long. So, I winged it.
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Sugar (or less)
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
2 Large Eggs
Milk to make stiff batter (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2. Grease loaf pan and set aside.
- 3. Combine Dry ingredients (flour, baking powder salt, sugar).
- 4. Beat your eggs and add them to your dry ingredients.
- 5. Add your peanut butter.
- 6. Mix together.
- 7. Then add your milk approximately 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a stiff batter.
- 8. Put in your greased loaf pan and cook for approximately 55-60 minutes.
I wound up only putting in 6 tablespoons of milk and my bread came out a little dry and crumbly, but it had a good flavor.
Update! I wasn't happy with the first footage, so I made the recipe again. I floured the bottom of the pan so it didn't stick so bad. Used 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter rather than creamy. I'll post a picture of the second version.
It is truly a well-researched content and excellent wording. about Buy peanut butter. I got so engaged in this material that I couldn’t wait to read. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thanks.ReplyDelete